Occupational therapists at Medcare Rehab help patients improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments. They help individuals develop, recover or maintain daily living and work skills, not only improving their basic motor functions and reasoning abilities, but also to compensate for permanent loss of function.
Medcare Rehab’s occupational therapists work with people of all ages who, because of illness, injury, development or psychological impairment, need to learn skills that will help them lead independent, productive and satisfying lives.
- Our certified occupational therapists work with patients to achieve optimal function in one or more of the following areas:
- Fine motor skills and coordination development
- Activities of daily living, such as feeding, swallowing or dressing
- Bathing/hygiene and use of equipment to increase independence and enhance performance
- Upper extremity and trunk range-of-motion activities
- Visual perceptual/visual motor skills
- Sensory integration
- Burn care, including scar management and pressure garments
- Family and patient instruction and education
- Coordination of care, including discharge needs