Manual Lymph Drainage is a very gentle but extremely powerful treatment for cleansing the body, specifically the connective tissue.
Manual Lymph Drainage
Manual Lymph Drainage is a very gentle but extremely powerful treatment for cleansing the body, specifically the connective tissue. MLD helps to reduce pain, relax the patient and greatly assists with improving the immune system.
The therapeutic benefits are vast. These benefits have been researched and well documented for over 60 different conditions for people suffering from acute or chronic illnesses as well as for anyone interested in maintaining their health.
Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage was developed in Europe by Dr. Emil Vodder and Estrid Vodder in the 1930s. As part of Combined Decongestive Therapy(CDT), MLD is considered the gold standard treatment for lymphedema for decades.
Benefits of Manual Lymph Drainage
- Removes metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules and foreign substances from the tissues.
- Alleviates pain by greatly reducing the pain signals sent to the brain.
- Relaxes the sympathetic nervous system, thus helping to relieve stress.
- Supports and enhances the action of the immune system.
- Helps the body to heal more quickly from injuries, surgical trauma, chronic conditions and edema.
- Helps to minimize scar formation.